Open Access Books
Springer open access books resources
Watch our two videos on open access book publishing to find out how open access could benefit your research and how it works, or browse our resources for open access books authors below.
Why publish an open access book?
How does it work? Open access books in six steps
Download our helpful guides to learn more about open access books.
- Open access books flyer - get a quick summary of your open access book or chapter publishing options.
- Author guide to open access books - find out how it all works. [English ¦ German]
- The OA effect: How does open access affect usage of scholarly books? - learn more about how open access can increase the usage of your book.
- Diversifying readership through open access: A usage analysis of OA books - learn how open access can widen your audience for more impact.
- Read the blogs:
- Why I published an open access book
- How important are open access books to academic authors?
- Discoverability of open access books: How do we ensure that your research has the widest possible reach?
- Copyright and licensing - what is a CC license?
- Happy birthday to Springer’s open access books programme!
- Celebrating 1000 open access books at Springer Nature
- Visit our open access funding and policy support service site.
Submit a proposal
Contact one of our publishing editors today to discuss your open access book proposal